As the official equipment provider for the PRCA, NFR, and PBR, Priefert Arenas are used and endorsed by the top athletes and organizations in the world. We are proud to offer a number of pre-designed arena kits to make building your own arena a snap. Priefert’s Rough Stock Arenas provide a safe and attractive area for riding and practicing. Time and time again, our rough stock equipment has been chosen by industry leaders for its ruggedness, reliability, and innovative features. This rough stock arena layout makes an ideal practice pen for rough stock events.
The 60’ x 80’ arena is constructed from 12’ Rough Stock Arena Panels with 3 Rough Stock Bow Gates for easy access for pickup men or staff. It features a total of 4 Bucking Chutes, 2 right delivery chutes and 2 left delivery chutes. This layout includes a Rough Stock Stripping Chute setup and four 10’ x 16’ holding pens constructed from Rough Stock Panels. The 10’ wide sorting alley is also constructed from Rough Stock Panels with 9’ tall bow gates to allow for horseback access. These products feature an Architectural Grade Powder Coat Finish to add years of life to your investment by helping the product resist rust, scratches, and fading.
When building an arena, one of the most important decisions to be made is whether to build it permanently in place or to purchase portable panels for installation. This is where the experts at Priefert Ranch Equipment can help. More and more individuals, municipalities, and organizations are opting for the modular route for a variety of reasons. Here are the top 10 reasons for choosing Priefert panels to construct your arena.
Reason 1: Versatility
Portable panel structures provide versatility that permanent pens can’t offer. Often times, arenas are built on a budget with future plans for expansion, or the requirements of the arena change over time, requiring modifications to the layout to accommodate these new needs. Portable panels can be moved, and the structure can be easily expanded or reduced in size with minimal effort, unlike the permanent alternative. Once permanent pens are in place, change is a major undertaking. Depending on the permanent construction method, these structural modifications are often labor intensive and can require expensive third party labor costs.
Reason 2: Portability
The portability of Priefert’s panels is a huge benefit. Priefert arenas can be relocated on your current property, they can be taken with you if you move, or the panels can be repurposed into paddocks, round pens, etc. if you desire. Portable arenas/panels can be sold if no longer needed. Adjusting for inflation, most modular panels purchased 10 years ago are worth as much today used as they were when they were originally purchased.
Reason 3: Ease of Installation/Time Saving
Priefert panels are easy to set up. Unlike permanent installations, no skilled labor from welders or carpenters is required. This can significantly reduce the cost of installation. Because they are so easy to work with, two or three men can put up a panel arena in a fraction of the time it takes to build permanent facilities. Depending on the size and type of arena setup, installation can be completed in one or two days from start to finish.
Reason 4: Cost Savings
Cost is one of the top considerations in any project. In many cases, the initial cost of a portable panel arena is less than the labor, material and time costs of a permanent installation. When taking maintenance costs into consideration, panel arenas are almost always a more cost effective investment than permanent. Another factor that people often overlook is property taxes. Although the laws vary from state to state, many times the addition of a permanent structure, like an arena, becomes a taxable asset, while portable or “temporary” structures do not incur these taxes.
Reason 5: Adaptability
Priefert panels can easily be connected to many competitors’ panels and are often available with special connectors to attach to existing permanent pens. This adaptability allows you to utilize and/or connect to materials you may already have in place.
Reason 6: Appearance
Priefert panels and gates are made with the best materials available and are powder coated for a long lasting, good looking facility. Priefert uses a powder with UV inhibitors to help the panel resist the fading effects of sunlight, ensuring that your panels look good for many years to come. This powder also results in a high gloss, furniture quality finish that has a beautiful aesthetic appeal.
Reason 7: Low Maintenance
Another benefit of Priefert’s Architectural Grade Powder Coating process is that it means no painting and re-painting. Priefert’s powder coat finish is made to last, making it a great low maintenance option. Most permanent installations require expensive rust preventative maintenance every year, along with new coats of paint every few years to keep the arena looking fresh.
Reason 8: Safety
Priefert has the best reputation in the industry for building arenas and panels with safety in mind for both man and animal. Permanent installations are often built using local welders or laborers who usually do not have experience with livestock. Given their lack of experience, they often overlook many of the details that are crucial to safety. These can range from sharp exposed edges to poor designs in regard to livestock flow.
Reason 9: Durability
Priefert arenas are designed to be durable. Priefert panels feature single piece, vertical stays that are fitted through drilled rails to increase the panel’s strength. In fact, Priefert products are so tough and reliable that they are the exclusive equipment choice of the top professionals and organizations in the country, such as the PBR and the PRCA.
Reason 10: Options
Priefert understands that arenas are not a “one size fits all” product, so we offer a number of options when it comes to panel types and accessories to help each customer find the best fit for their budget. Priefert also offers a variety of arena kits for basic riding arenas, roping arenas, rough stock arenas and combination arenas, making it easy to select an arena layout that fits a customer’s specific needs. Additionally, Priefert offers roping chutes, bucking chutes, stripping chutes, and the ArenaMaster, making Priefert a one stop shop for all your arena needs.
While this list focuses on the benefits of choosing portable over permanent arena installations, this same portable vs permanent debate applies to many different items around the farm or ranch, from round pens and paddocks to cattle working systems.
- As the official equipment provider for the PRCA, NFR, and PBR, Priefert Arenas are used and endorsed by the top athletes and organizations in the world.
- Priefert’s Rough Stock Arenas provide a safe and attractive area for riding and practicing.
- The 60’ x 80’ arena is constructed from 12’ Rough Stock Arena Panels with 3 Rough Stock Bow Gates for easy access for pickup men or staff. It features a total of 4 Bucking Chutes, 2 right delivery chutes and 2 left delivery chutes.
- This layout includes a Rough Stock Stripping Chute setup and four 10’ x 16’ holding pens constructed from Rough Stock Panels.
- The 10’ wide sorting alley is also constructed from Rough Stock Panels with 9’ tall bow gates to allow for horseback access.
- Designed with the cowboy, the livestock, and the chute operators in mind, Priefert’s Bucking Chute design is unmatched in safety and dependability.
- Each Bucking Chute features Priefert’s Rumber®-filled roll gates for loading rough stock and a unique metal roller latch design that allows the front release gate to open smoothly, even under intense pressure.
- Priefert Bucking Chutes come standard with an attached platform on the back to provide cowboys with easy access when preparing for their ride.
- Rough Stock Arena Panels are engineered to handle the high stress crowding of livestock. These panels feature straight legs with sealed tops and bottoms to prevent moisture from getting inside the panel legs.
- Rough Stock Arena Panels offer a full 6’ of height to help discourage livestock from jumping on the panels. Heavy duty, fully welded vertical stays provide maximum strength and stability.
- Rough Stock Arena Panels connect using sturdy Rough Stock pin connectors to allow for quick and secure connections between panels and to additional components.
- The stripping chute area and back pens are constructed from Rough Stock Panels.
- Priefert’s Rough Stock Panels and Accessories are our heaviest, most durable line. As the panel line of choice for the NFR and the PBR, these products are designed to handle the rankest stock.
- Rough Stock Panels feature “balled” ends, giving them smooth, rounded ends that are animal safe and prevent moisture from getting inside the panel.
- Please note that Rough Stock Panels require a point of connection, such as a connector post, an alley frame, or an alley gate.
- Our panels, gates, and Bucking Chutes feature an Architectural Grade Powder Coat Finish with UV inhibitors to add years of life to your investment by helping the product resist rust, scratches and fading.
~ Specs ~
- Arena Dimensions: 60’ x 80’
- This arena kit includes: 4 Bucking Chutes (2 right, 2 left), 2 sets of Bucking Chute Platform Stairs with Handrail, and the panels necessary to create a rough stock stripping chute setup, alley, arena, and 4 holding pens
- Arena constructed from 12’ Rough Stock Arena Panels
- Holding pens constructed from Rough Stock Panels
- Please Note: Rough Stock Panels Require Connector Posts
- Rough Stock Arena Panels constructed from 2” OD 16 gauge tubing with 9.25” spacing between rails (center to center)
- Rough Stock Panels constructed from 2” OD 14 gauge tubing with 9.25” spacing between rails (center to center)
- Bucking Chutes are constructed from 8 and 11 gauge components
- Components feature an Architectural Grade Powder Coat Finish
- Panel and Gate color: Grey
- Bucking Chute color: Blue and Grey